GreenCycles® products and solutions are based on plasticized Polyvinyl alcohol (PVA/PVAL/POVH), a resin obtained from the cracking of petroleum and consequently has a fossil sourcing/origin. While dissolving and biodegrades, the product decomposes in basic molecular units, leaving no residues in the environment.
GreenCycles® range offers different products and solutions, all of them:
- Biodegradable: the polymer is transformed in CO2, water, mineral salts, biomass, etc.), fully integrated into the environment [UNE-EN-ISO 14851, certified by WS].
- Water-soluble: it dissolves in water at different temperatures and vanishes completely.
- Harmless, non-toxic: natural cycles do incorporate the resulting components after biodegradation, leaving no footprint [UNE-EN-ISO 7346 and UNE-EN-ISO 634, certified by WS].
- Compostable: it my be transformed in organic fertilizer after a conventional composting process [UNE-EN-ISO 13432, certified by WS and VINÇOTTE].
- Gas barrier: its excellent blockade properties to oxygen and other gases contribute to improve biodegradable multilayer packaging’s efficiency and sustainability.
- Customizable: mechanical properties, thickness, temperature, dissolution timing, formats, sizes, colors, added details, even PVA supports biodegradable printing inks.